Let me just say that this is a perfect cake for anyone who likes Kit Kats and strawberries. It’s fancy enough for the ladies, tasty for the guys (because that’s all they really care about) and fun for kids!
- Strawberry Kit Kat Cake
For the chocolate whipped cream
- 2-3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons cocoa (I used Hershey’s but it doesn’t matter)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (normal is fine too, but powd. sugar works best)
For the cake
- Chocolate cake recipe of choice (I cheated and used a box mix).
For the decoration
- 36-40 Kit Kats
- At least 20 strawberries, around 2 lbs.
<liOrange marmalade (optional)
1. Bake cake as directed on box or chosen recipe into two 8″ round pans. Level off so that there’s no mound.
2. Dump your heavy whipping cream, cocoa, and sugar into a mixer and beat on high until stiff peaks form. Set aside. Refrigerate if you’re not going to use right away.
3. On your first layer of cake spread a moderate layer of whipped cream onto it. Slice up 4-6 strawberries thinly and spread onto whipped cream. Spread another layer of whipped cream on top of the strawberries.
4. Carefully set your untouched layer of cake on top of the other. Frost cake generously. Carefully break apart the Kit Kats. Press gently against side of cake, the whipped cream should hold them in place.
5. Pile on the strawberries, as much as you think looks good! Heat up some orange marmalade in the microwave and glaze the tops of the strawberries, I didn’t do this but I think it would look great. Now eat, and enjoy! And remember, it’s a whipped cream frosting so refrigerate if your not going to eat it soon.