I peeked in our cupboards a couple days ago and found Peanut Butter Cup Oreos and almost fainted. Okay, not really, but I was pretty excited to sink my teeth into them. So, whilst drinking a cup of tea, I tried the cookies. I have to say they were good, but not quite what I expected. I feel like I could’ve just spread some peanut butter on the top of a normal Oreo (which I’ve done before) and it would’ve tasted the same. 😦 The only good thing was the amazing chocolate creme inside along with the peanut butter. So, after that, I soon set out to find a new version of Peanut Butter Cup Oreos! Or rather, I stumbled upon this recipe I had pinned onto Pinterest awhile back. Same difference.
These elaborate candies/cookies are chocolatey, peanut-buttery, crunchy, chocolatey, creamy, and last but not least, chocolatey. But, I certainly cannot explain how delectable they were, I’ll show you. Scroll down below to find the recipe and pictures.
You will need:
- 7 squares of Chocolate (or white) Almond Bark (I like this because it dries 3x faster than chocolate chips)
- A pack of Oreos
- 8 pack of Snack Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Time to get cooking:
- Pull apart 8 Oreo cookies so that you have two separate cookie sides. Take a Reese’s P.B. Cup and sandwich it between the Oreo sides. Do that for each Oreo and P.B. Cup.
- Melt almond bark in the microwave by intervals of 20-30 seconds.
- Roll out a small piece of parchment or wax paper. Using a fork, dip each Reese’s/Oreo cookie fully in the almond bark and tap on edge of bowl to get rid of the excess chocolate. Place carefully onto parchment paper and let the chocolate harden. Then, serve them, or eat away!
If you liked this recipe, or have any questions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment below. I only have one more thing to say. Thank. You. Pinterest.
Au revoir! Anne
“I fall in love with people’s passion. The way their eyes light up when they talk about the thing they love and they way they fill with light.”